Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wrecks and Waterfalls

Hey Family!
So. This week has been pretty darn good.  Erica sang in the tuesday Devotional with Sister Caldwell, they did wayyyyyyyyyy good!  I don't exactly remember what song it was, but a bunch of people were talking about how awesome it was.  Because it WAS awesome.  Oh, I got New Roommates!!  WHOOP!  One is from Brazil & one is from Argentina.  They are way cool & seem pretty nice!  It's good though, they have been helping a little bit with the language.  The Brazillian had THE thickest accent EVER & talks sooooo fast.  He's pretty hard to understand and the kid from Argentina is nice.  He is 5 foot nothing though.  My shoes are literally twice his size haha!  I heard about the Connecticut shootings.  Sad.  We had a good talk about that kind of stuff in our district so that was good too.  Elder Wilson got a fever of 102 earlier in the week, that was pretty exciting......sad.........but exciting haha.  He felt better the next day though.  My teachers are Iramo Ramalio & Irmao Victor.  Ramalio is a shyer guy but we make him laugh  a lot.  He knows a crapload of stuff about English/Portugese structure.  I've learned more about English here in a month that I did in all 3 years of highschool!  Sad but true.  We all really like Piamalio though.  He's a good teacher.  Irmao Victor is...wierd!  I can't decide if I like him or not.  We all agreed he made the worst first impression ever but after that he's actualy pretty funny.  Like the other day he told us the story about how he lost his license.  He said he was driving on the freeway (drivers here are INSANE by the way) & he saw in his rear view a guy swerving all over the road, obviously drunk.  So Irmao Victor said, "I'm going to save people today."  He slowed down until the drunk driver came next to him & he slammed his car into the driver so he rammed into the side wall & stopped.  The police came & the guy was drunk.  But they caught Victor on camera doing it so they took away his license!  See, like I said Crazy?  Or Funny?  We're still deciding.  Both our teachers were bragging about going to se the Hobbit on Friday & how it was the best movie they've ever seen.  Oddly enough, I don't really care!  Yay!  I thought I would at first but nope!  Erica's teacher, Irmao Costa is the BOMB.  One of the nicest people in the world!  Really though.  We both love him.  He's way spiritual & SO nice.  Erica & Sister Caldwell get along really great it seems like.  This week Sao Paulo's team from Corinthians beat Chelsea in a massive tournament, world tournament in Japan.  Fireworks went off non stop for 2 days.  Starting at 6:02 a.m. on Sunday!  It was crazy.  We saw a car out our window with like 12 people in it & Corinth flags just hanging out their windows.  It sounded like a war outside, b/c the fireworks are just loud bangs.  Soooo we'd have fake gun battles all day here haha.  I can't wait to actually teach real investigators.  I feel like I would learn the language 10x faster in the field.  I'm crazy jealous of all the Elders going out when their MTC time is shortened!  Ok so as you know we don't get to call on Christmas, BUT we email.  All of us.  Our district is scheduled for the afternoon.  So look for it then.  I said bye to Erica last night :(.  She left at 4:30 a.m.  It was pretty....darn rough.  I'm really missing everyone.  It all kind of came down on me how much I miss everyone haha!  Anyways!  Before I get all choked up, I talked to an Elder from Manaus down the hall & asked him what his favorite part about Manaus is.  he paused & said "The Waterfalls!"  I was surprised!  I didn't even know they had any there!  Whoop!  Waterfall baptism! Haha.  The weather here is AWESOME!  Has been around 80 all week & rains every other day here & I do so love the rain! :)  Still studying charity this week.  I'm loving it.  It's crazy how deep you can get on one topic.  I'll probably just study it for the rest of my mission!  The Christmas program sounds pretty GOOD here!  I'll tell you more about that next week.  on Christmas day..... when I email you :)  Tchau!  That's all I have to write, gotta run errands.  Love my family!
Love Always
Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment